Visit Chaplin's World in complete safety!
Last update: 2021.12.02
EUROPEAN COVID CERTIFICATE
Visitors are being asked to carry with them valid proof of identity should there be spot checks to verify the name on their European COVID Certificate with QR code.
IMPORTANT: vaccination certificates for visitors from countries out of EU (all countries except EU / Schengen / EFTA) will not be recognized! You can apply for your COVID-19 certificate here : www.covidcertificate-form.admin.ch/foreign
What is the European or the Swiss COVID Certificate that will be required to visit Chaplin’s World?
According to information available from the Swiss government, a EU COVID Certificate must be presented in digital or paper form, to verify one of three things:
• That a visitor is fully vaccinated;
• OR that a visitor has been tested (PCR or Antigen) and has a negative result within the last 72 hours with a PCR test and the last 48 hours with a Antigen;
• OR for a visitor who have recovered if the COVID infection was confirmed with a positive PCR test and occurred no more than 180 days ago.
Visitors must present a EU or Swiss COVID Certificate in paper or digital format, that includes a QR Code.
Who needs a EU COVD Certificate to visit Chaplin’s World?
All visitors aged 16 and older will need to show a COVID Certificate (Health Pass) in order to visit Chaplin’s World.
Where can I obtain a EU COVID certificate?
The COVID certificate is issued at the following locations:
• Vaccination centres
• Medical practices
• Test centres
• Cantonal authorities
IMPORTANT: Please verify that you receive a valid COVID certificate with QR code. Any certificate, letter, SMS, self-test or other is not valid.
What happens if I do not present my COVID certificate?
You will not be granted access to Chaplin's World.
I want to visit Chaplin’s World with a group, is the Covid Certificate mandatory?
In accordance with the Federal Council's announcements, the Covid Certificate will be compulsory for all people from 16 years old. For a group visit, this obligation applies to everyone, group members and supervisors.
How do I get the COVID certificate if I was vaccinated abroad?
Have you already got an EU Digital COVID Certificate or a certificate which is compatible with the EU Digital COVID Certificate? If so, you don’t need to apply for a Swiss COVID certificate as these are also recognised in Switzerland.
If you don’t have a corresponding certificate, you can apply for a Swiss COVID certificate provided that you were vaccinated abroad with a vaccine that is approved by the European Medicines Agency (EMA). This concerns the following vaccines:
- Comirnaty® / BNT162b2 / Tozinameran (Pfizer/BioNTech)
- Spikevax® / mRNA-1273 / COVID-19 vaccine (Moderna)
- Vaxzevria® / AZD1222 / Covishield™ or other licensed products (AstraZeneca)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Janssen (Johnson & Johnson)
You must be resident in Switzerland, staying in Switzerland, or intend to enter Switzerland. You must also be able to provide sufficient evidence of the vaccination performed abroad and your stay in Switzerland, and be able to prove your identity.
You can also apply for a Swiss COVID certificate if you were vaccinated abroad with a vaccine that is on the WHO Emergency Use List but not authorised by Swissmedic or the European Medicines Agency (EMA). This concerns the following vaccines:
- SARS-CoV-2 vaccine (Vero Cell) (Sinopharm/BIBP)
- CoronaVac (Sinovac)
A Swiss COVID certificate is only issued under the following conditions:
- You must submit the application in person so that your details can be checked on the spot.
- You must belong to a certain group. You’ll find the list in the COVID-19 Certificates Ordinance.
- COVID certificates cannot currently be issued for vaccination with Sputnik V.
Where can I apply for the COVID certificate?
You can apply for your COVID certificate using the following online form from your canton of residence or the canton where you are staying temporarily.
It generally takes five days to process the application, although it can take somewhat longer in individual cases. For this reason we recommend applying for your certificate two weeks before entering Switzerland. The competent authorities can also email you to request additional information and documents from you if they have doubts about the authenticity of the documents submitted or if they have any queries. They can also reject applications if doubts cannot be cleared up. In such cases the fee you have paid will not be refunded.
For your application you need at least the following:
- Details of your citizenship or residence status in Switzerland (e.g. copy of passport/foreigner’s identity card)
- Confirmation of vaccination (e.g. vaccination certificate with details of the bearer, vaccines administered, institution that carried out the vaccination, date of the last vaccination, number of vaccine doses received, existing certificate if applicable).
- Reason, duration and place of your stay in Switzerland
- Proof of entry into Switzerland (e.g. flight ticket, train ticket or booking for overnight stay).
In addition, download the free COVID Certificate app from the Apple App Store, the Google Play Store or the Huawei AppGallery. Your COVID certificate can also be delivered directly to the app.
Do you have to pay to apply for a COVID certificate?
If your residence is in Switzerland and you apply for the certificate in your canton of residence, there will be no charge.
Do you not have your place of residence in Switzerland? Then you will be charged CHF 30 for processing the application. This fee must be paid by credit card when you submit your application.
Who is entitled to check the COVID certificate and how does this check work?
COVID certificates can be checked using the verifier app called the COVID Certificate Check. However, this is only necessary for individuals and institutions that check COVID certificates.
When the certificate is checked, holders will be asked to present photo identification (e.g. an ID card) in order to comply with legal requirements. This is to ensure the name on the identity document matches the name on the COVID certificate. To check the COVID certificate, the QR code on the paper document, the PDF or in the “COVID Certificate” app is scanned to verify the certificate’s authenticity.
Can the COVID certificate be renewed?
Your COVID certificate will not be stored in any central systems. It is only held by you. Keep the COVID certificate safe and protect it from unauthorised access. We also recommend you make a copy of the certificate so that you can use the copy if you ever lose it. If you lose the certificate, you need to apply for a new one from the issuer.
The period of validity may be adjusted on the basis of new scientific findings. In this case the validity of your certificate will be adjusted automatically; no new certificate has to be issued.
We remain available by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +41 (0) 822 422 422 * to answer all your questions.
The Tramp is waiting to share more moments of laughter and emotion with you!
In accordance with governmental directives, exceptional health procedures have been implemented in the museum’s various enclosed spaces: the Manoir, the Studio, the Boutique and the Café.
You must respect the safety distances and the wearing of the obligatory mask.
You will be able to buy tickets in person, but we strongly advise reserving your tickets through our online ticket shop in oder to guarantee access to the museum.
In order to guarantee the safety of visitors and staff, Chaplin’s World has been completely reorganised:
- Full cleaning and disinfection plan for the whole museum
- Masks worn by staff when in contact with visitors
- Installation of plexiglass screens at the cash desk in the Boutique
- Physical distancing of 1.5m
- Hand sanitiser dispensers at a number of locations throughout the visit
- Designation of a dedicated COVID-19 contact person
- Offer of contactless payment as a solution